My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska

I am living it up in the midwest! I am married to Chuck and we have one child, Charlie, who is 2. That's right! Charlie is 2 and I am going crazy. I watch my little sisters, 7 and 3.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Sign me up!

So I'm joining the blogging craze. I'm not so sure about giving the link to friends and family. I can see me saying something offensive and making a rift in the family. I too often leave a wake and it's not just because of my size. Well, maybe the size of my mouth.
I ran errands today. Got Chuck a Valentine's gift. He's my husband. I seem to screw up any holiday, especially those that involve gifts. He usually knows what he's getting and in most cases has picked it up for me for some reason or another. My most notorious holiday plans involve me in the hospital, racking up bills the size of a nice house outside of town. I think my last hospital bill was in the 60,000 range. Dollars, not pesos. I have to admit that was high for me. I guess almost dying and being in the ICU is more expensive than being on the general floor and almost dying from malpractice. One year I think I was in for almost every holiday. He told me if I could just screw up Easter and his birthday, then I would have covered them all. It was sad but true. That year, I was barely avoiding hospitalization for thanksgiving, in the ER on christmas day, admitted to the hospital on valentines day, made Easter and his birthday but was admitted again and got out two days before the fourth of July. I think he might know what I went and got him today because I couldn't find the store and had to ask him for directions. He doesn't know I went today, though, so I might surprise him yet!
Charlie is getting over a nasty virus. He puked for three days and now has the trots. His ped said the runs might last up to two weeks. My poor hyper baby just lays around. I'm not accustumed to finding him in the same place I left him. Usually he's three rooms away standing on some precarious perch or down the hall trying to get in other apartments. He's the kind of kid you have to take to the bathroom with you in fear of what he could do when out of sight. That kid has no stranger danger and no preservation instinct. I wonder if he's really smart or really dumb.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

My friend said that if people get pissed off about what you write then they don't need to read it. Sounds good to me! Here's to us not offending each other at some point in the future.

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home