My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska

I am living it up in the midwest! I am married to Chuck and we have one child, Charlie, who is 2. That's right! Charlie is 2 and I am going crazy. I watch my little sisters, 7 and 3.

Monday, February 20, 2006

Whoa

I was driving down the interstate tonight, dropping a friend off in North O. Traffic in front of us suddenly stopped. We came up on them and there had been a bad wreck. A car had lost control, hit the cement divider and then bounced back into traffic causing at least a four car pile up. I asked a man who was outside his truck if everyone was okay. He said he thought so, everyone was on their phone. I asked if anyone needed medical attention; I have some training. He said he didn't think so. I decided to leave and not be in the way but as I drove away I saw people on the ground. It looked like they were helping someone and hurt themselves. I feel horrible now. I think that I should've stopped. I have gloves and a resuscitation barrier in my purse. I'm overwhelmed with guilt that maybe I could've done something to help. Something must have told me to keep driving, but I love to second guess myself. My stomach is in knots. My shrink says the stomach is a good emotional barometer. I think mine is pointing to guilt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home