My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska

I am living it up in the midwest! I am married to Chuck and we have one child, Charlie, who is 2. That's right! Charlie is 2 and I am going crazy. I watch my little sisters, 7 and 3.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Ashes, Ashes, we all fall down!

I thought my fight with the food poisoning was over, but of course it wasn't. Life just always wants to give us that little bit more. The concrete pills worked great. After two of those I didn't poop again. Still haven't! They worked a little too great. The evil breeding inside my gut couldn't find its way out anymore, so it turned around and headed back the way it came. Oh, Lord! Throwing up is the most evil thing on earth! I dry heaved and dry heaved and cried and cried and woke chuck up and woke him up again and cried and cried and then vommitted and vommitted and wondered exactly how much rice I had eaten for dinner. I started shaking and sweating from the withdrawals of not keeping my medicine down.
So that morning, Tuesday, I went in to my doctor's office but saw another doctor. He wanted to give it another 24 hours. My mom set him straight by informing him that the course of inaction would land me in the hospital that night or by the very latest, the next morning from the migraine alone, not to mention the dehydration. He agreed and after consulting with colleagues, decided to give me an IV and some antinausea stuff (mine was obviously not working). That would've been great if they could've got an IV! So they gave me a shot in the butt and sent me to the hospital to the infusion unit to get an IV. Those nurses got it right away. I couldn't believe how much better I felt from the fluids and the shot. It was like someone was recharging some battery inside me or infusing me with life. I wished that all the cancer patients that were there could have been cured as easily.
So, I was afraid to eat real food until yesterday when I kinda just ate a lot of junk. I ate nachos and a cookie and a hamburger. I wouldn't recommend the...well...any of them, really. I think I could've eaten more than bagels and potato soup, but maybe should've started next with a scrambled egg or something like that. I'm not puking so it must not be too bad.
Emma is sick now. She started throwing up thursday and had a rash. Mom took her in yesterday and she has strep and scarlet fever! So I'm waiting for all the yummy goodness to be caught by all of us. Emma is starting to feel better, though, and that's what's most important. She was so miserable and I felt so bad for her.
Charlie is into spinning. Charlie loves to spin. He spins and spins until he can't stand up straight or even sit up for that matter. So he spins and spins, falls over, laughs cause he can't get up or if he can get up, tries to see how far he can run before he falls over again. When the dizziness wears off, he spins and spins some more. It's like he's getting high or something. My kid is going to have brain damage, if not from the spinning, from all the falling. Kids aren't the brightest, are they?

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. You must have some very big muscles.

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home