My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska

I am living it up in the midwest! I am married to Chuck and we have one child, Charlie, who is 2. That's right! Charlie is 2 and I am going crazy. I watch my little sisters, 7 and 3.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

I'm blind!

I was sitting on the couch almost two weeks ago (playing sudoku, of course) and charlie walks up spraying something. I heard it but I didn't hear it. Does that make sense? I'm so used to us playing with spray bottles that it didn't occur to me that it was a bad noise to be heard in the house. Well before I can put two and two together, he is right in front of me and sprays the insecticide right in my eyes. I grabbed it from him and ran to bathroom, rinsed a few minutes, took out my contacts, rinsed a little more, and then called poison control. Of course I'm home alone! I had to rinse my eyes for ten more minutes and ended up having to go to the ER later and the eye doctor a couple days after that. They are getting better. I had chemical conjunctivitis or something like that. Thank goodness I had the contacts in, I guess, covering my corneas!As for how charlie got pesticides, they were in a box we hadn't unpacked. While i was rinsing my eyes i heard foam being sprayed and he had bathroom cleaner, too. I'm so glad that nothing more serious happened. I didn't think it was any big deal that we hadn't unpacked all the boxes in the dining room. I thought by being marked kitchen, it wasn't things that came from under the kitchen sink. Ugh, I get sick thinking of what could've happened. Anyway, that's my insecticide story. My child tried to blind me

1 Comments:

Blogger Brandi Tolliver Photography said...

OH MY GOSH!
My mouth was wide open when I read that. I was picturing it while I read it. Oh my gosh. WOW!
I hope you are ok now...well obviously you are...lol

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home